Canon users also check for “how to connect Canon Pixma MX492 printer to WiFi” on the internet for their printing devices. If you have a Canon Pixma MX492 printer and you are trying to find ways to connect it to your WiFi (cableless setup) then this article will lead you through any instruction you need to learn.
But to be able to connect your printer to the WiFi, you will need to confirm the following specifications before you start the connectivity process.
- Wifi Router
- Personal PC or Laptop
- A working internet link
Once you have acquired all of the above-mentioned specifications you may process the wireless setup.
Where To Setup A Wireless Printer Canon Pixma MX492:
Whether you are using a Windows PC or laptop, the Canon MX492 wireless setup can be easily achieved by following the steps set out in this section. Once you start setting up a cableless or wireless link, you’ll have to plan your printer for cable-less setup. Follow the instructions below.
Steps For Cableless Setup: Prepare your Pixma MX492
- Switch the printer on.
- Click Setup button in the menu option at the end.
- To select the Wireless LAN Setup option, use the Navigation Triangle buttons and then press Ok.
- Now, select Setup Other, and press Ok.
- Select Setup without Cable, and click Ok.
- Now that you have successfully prepared your printer for cableless setup, follow further steps to connect it to your WiFi router through your Windows PC.
How Canon MX492 Printer can be connected to WiFi on Windows OS 10, 8.1, 7, XP
You may need to install the printer program in your Windows Desktop or Laptop computer to connect your Canon printer to the WiFi router for this.
- Until deployment remove all of your applications.
- Using an administrator user account to sign in.
When the CD-ROM drive allows you to have a PC or laptop then you can easily insert the CD that came along with the Pinter package. You’ll have the following for program installation through the CD:
- Insert the CD into drive CD-ROM.
- Tap on the Autoplay button to “Run Msetup4.exe.”
- Click yes in the User Account Control dialog to continue.
At the other hand, the software wizard can be accessed online too. To do so follow the following steps:
- Go to the official Canon website http:/canon.com/ijsetup/.
- Click the option Setup.
- Insert the printer model MX492 product name in the top window, and press the Go button. Or you can also
- select your printer model in the first letter segment of the MX list.
- Select a nation, or area, on the next page.
- Download Software.
- Run download file and start process of installation.
- To complete the installation process follow the instructions given below.
- Once the file is saved to your computer, double-click it and follow the steps on the page.
- Click “Prev” and press the “Wireless LAN Connection” button.
- Click the option “Connect (recommended) via wireless router” and then click Next.
- Now, click Setup to Cableless. If you see the “.NET Framework” screen continue to click “Yes,” click “Yes.”
- The installation list for the app clicks on the “Next” button on the next tab.
- Click the “Complete” button to see further instructions until the Setup Completion dialog box appears.
- Now, press Next and if you see the “Extended Survey Program” tab, you can either press “Agree” to
- participate in the program or click the difference button to begin the installation process without
- downloading the survey application. That will not affect the functionality of the machine.
- Until now, the deployment process was complete. The “Check Print window” can now be seen on your phone.
- To test the functionality of the printer, insert a blank paper inside the printer and click on the Run button.
- Click on next and skip the next window until the check print is finished.
- To complete the installation process click on exit.
On Mac OS X 10.7.5 – 10.13 How to connect Canon MX492 Printer to WiFi
- Go to Canon’s official website http:/canon.com/ijsetup/.
- Tap the Choice to Install.
- Select your printer model by typeing “MX492” in the top search bar and click “Go.” And anyone can pick your name for the printer product in the first letter segment of the MX list as well.
- Select your country or region now, and click on the option “Download.”
- When you have downloaded the file, then double-click the downloaded file.dmg.
- Double click the “Configuration Icon” again, and tap the “Next” button.
- Type the name of the administrator and the password in the box tab. Then, click the “Helper Install” option.
- Tap the Next button.
- Now select the link method for your printer and select the “Wireless LAN Link” option then click “Next”
- Select your wireless LAN link method now and select the option “Connect via wireless router
- (recommended)” and click “Next.”
- Click on the “Cableless Setup” option and then press “Next” again.
- Then press “Connect Printer” button.
- Select “Canon xxx Canon IJ Network show” and press “Post” button.
- Now press “Next” button.
- The setup is done and you press “Next”
- To complete the installation click on “Exit” tab.
- Wireless LAN configuration for Mac OS computers is now complete using “Cableless Configuration.”
The above details would definitely work for you, the whole process of how to connect my Canon Pixma MX492 printer to WiFi on Mac and Windows OS. If anyone is still having wireless communication issues with the Canon mx492 and wants to repair them instantly. One would then contact the support team to get immediate assistance from the experts.